Celebrating Biblical Womanhood.

Celebrating Biblical Womanhood.

Friday, March 1, 2013

Beauty: In His Image

Sometimes I struggle with poor self-image. Am I alone???

I would venture to say that  women struggle with this often. 

I have made a conscience effort lately to speak only life... letting good, holy, things flow from my mouth. That means, if I have a temptation to speak badly of myself (especially in front of our children) I bite my tongue.
I have learned that the "poor self-image" thoughts  in my heart, and the "I can't do anything right" thoughts that swim around in my head, are often held back. I pray for strength and power to overcome the voice in my head telling me I am worth nothing, because I know the truth. I am a
  CHILD OF THE KING!!!!! 

But, sometimes the above thoughts overwhelm me, take over and pour out in everyday life, like a poison, flooding over everyone/everything in my path.. This flood could be strong enough to carry me along with people in my life away, if I allow it to! 

God says our first steps our to be toward Him: Seeking His face, following His laws, putting Him first, and self-centered pursuits last. When we line up with Him, He leads the way and all we have to do is Follow. As we look to Him, the glory of His image gets imprinted upon us. When our self-image gets so wrapped up in God that we lose ourselves in the process, we become free.

I want that freedom. 

I know that I will never see who I really am until I see who God really is. 

My prayer for you (and for me) is that we find our true identity in Christ. Raising our children, and loving our husbands in the sound knowledge that we are Daughters of the King!

 That we have been created in His image.




No comments:

Post a Comment