Celebrating Biblical Womanhood.

Celebrating Biblical Womanhood.

Monday, March 4, 2013

Rocking, Worship, and Prayer



Most every night my husband gets to put our baby girl (1 year old) to sleep! Rocking her, giving her a bottle and cherishing each moment of that time....But......

Last night, I got to do all of that. 

When I am able to put her to sleep I rock, give her a bottle, and talk to her quietly about her dreams, and how special she is. But, my most favorite time is when she drifts off to sleep, limp in my arms. It's then that I sing sweet old hymns, and pray over this precious little girl. 

Last night I mostly sang a beautiful hymn that I love so so much. Do you know this one???

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus... there's just something about that name. 
Master, Saviour, Jesus... like the fragrance after the rain.
Jesus, Jesus, Jesus... let all heaven and earth proclaim.
Kings and kingdom's will all pass away, but there's just something about that Name!!

Tears rolled down my face as I sang this song to this little miracle I was holding. Thanking our Lord above for sending us this little girl. I couldn't help but think of Jesus' love, and how there is something about that Name. If I love our little one's so much that it literally hurts me sometimes, how much more does the Father love them??? How much more does He watch over them??? 

Sometimes I forget. Sometimes I seek the power and control be lord over them. But I am reminded quickly.... of how much He wants to be Lord over their little lives even now.... I remember that I am not the boss, I am just simply a vessel leading to the King of Kings...I seek so much wisdom and pray that the very Name I sing about is the Name I am showing these babies every day. 

I am so in love with my Saviour, and thank God daily for these blessings He has chosen to give. 
Today, my heart (and my lips) sing  
Jesus, Jesus, Jesus... there's just something about that Name.





No comments:

Post a Comment