Celebrating Biblical Womanhood.

Celebrating Biblical Womanhood.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Lost and Found



Today is a sitting in comfy chairs at the Y kinda day! Ooo, Ooo, or a nice breezy day at the beach?

Have you ever felt lost? like you have no idea what you are doing? like you want to just scream all the time? or just be alone for one full day? If you have NEVER felt this way, then I am alone.

My husband has been out of town for a few days. He has gone on business trips many many times before, but for some reason this one is horrible. Our youngest is of the age that he notices things or people when they are missing. His behavior for the past few days has consisted of screaming all over the house, with real tears... crying "daddy, daddy." Nothing I do is comforting him. Our 3 year old has been whining NON STOP, and our 5 year old just aggravates everyone. These actions are normal, but never as constant as they have been for almost 48 hours now.

I have held close a few scripture verses lately, that have helped so very much.

Psalm 34:18
The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.

(I feel like my heart is so very broken, and my spirit is beyond crushed) I miss my husband (even when he is gone for this short time) and feel like a piece of me is missing, I am sure our children feel this same way!

Philippians 4:7
And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

I have needed this peace that I know comes from only Christ.

I hope and pray you are comforted by the reality of this. I know sometimes we feel (or at least I feel) lost, alone, out of control and in need of the heavy hand of Christ to lift us up and hold us close. Let Him do that for you today. I am still learning daily what that looks like, and will continue to humble myself in the presence of our Lord.

Many Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment