Celebrating Biblical Womanhood.

Celebrating Biblical Womanhood.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Sweepin' up Cheerios

So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

                                                1 Corinthians 10:31

I heard this song a few months ago and started weeping almost immediately. Not at all a ballad or love song, but shows, with music and lyrics how we are to do all things to the glory of our Creator, Jesus Christ! Sometimes... well, most of the time I feel like my job as a mother and wife isn't as important as most. I pick up everything off the floors, only for it to be messy again in about 60 seconds flat. I finally get all the laundry done, only to find a secret load hiding in our boys' room. I plan out our meal for the evening, and forget to take out the meat. All of these negative things have a tendency to hinder me from being joyful in the service I am doing for our Lord. Although I don't think my job is important, it is the most important job I could ever do. I wouldn't have it any other way, and it is the highest calling we have as mothers and wives! Don't let the evil one steal that from you. Pick up socks and sweep up cheerios to the glory of God.




No comments:

Post a Comment