Celebrating Biblical Womanhood.

Celebrating Biblical Womanhood.

Friday, September 2, 2011

This "Y" Sanctuary


I LOVE to read. After having Three (almost 4) children I haven't had much time to do so, but, I have found a sanctuary! YMCA is not only good for my physical health, it's also here to provide sanity for my mental and spiritual health too! Often times I will drop my children off at the daycare  they provide and walk about five feet to the lobby. Comfy leather chairs and couches await me hugging my growing pregnant body a little closer these days, but nonetheless, oh so comfy! I settle in for coffee, reading, blogging, praying, or, some days just observing the different people who come in and out.
Yesterday was one of the "observing" days! I often notice a large group of women settle in around 8:30 or so! The laughter is almost deafening, but so nice to hear. These women chat about the most random things. "These shirts are on sale for thirty dollars" "have you read this book yet" "oh hi Sally, we sure did miss you yesterday" "let me share this recipe with you" (etc) I, of course pretending to read, listen and smile the whole time they talk.
These ladies, fit with high waisted pants skimming just above the ankles, silver hair, glasses, and what seems to be wedding rings that can only be cut off make me think: Will I be part of a group like this someday? Will I be talking about recipes, and things that make me laugh? Will I have worn this wedding ring so long that it needs to be cut off? I can only pray these things will happen. I long to be close with godly women. My heart often aches for fruitful accountability, for lasting "Titus 2" relationships! This scripture teaches us to teach and learn from other women (and men from men)
These women, seemingly, were teaching and learning from one another! It made me realize how important this is to me, and should be to all women who seek the truth.
The "Y" is my sanctuary. My place to observe interactions between women, and men who love each other. What is your sanctuary? Where do you find your quiet? How do you reflect on the things of God? What is He telling you today?

Many Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment