Celebrating Biblical Womanhood.

Celebrating Biblical Womanhood.

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Exhausting Perseverance

It's only been a little more than six years, and already the calm, orderly, organized, nap taking (for adults) days seem a distant memory. Does it feel that way to you?

As a wife and mother I feel as if I give every ounce of what I have to my family, yet the dishes are piled higher than the Eiffel Tower, the beds seem to go unmade, the same cup has been in the same place for at least two days now, and somehow the kids seem unable to grasp even the most basic forms of civilized conduct at times! These things are enough to really make me throw my hands up and shout, "I GIVE UP!!!"

But I don't, I won't, my family depends on me not to! I choose not to give up or give in to the feeling that it's hopeless. As I persist in my efforts to be a godly wife and mother, I know I will experience small victories along the way---in fact most days I already do!
Over time, I am sure these little successes will turn into much larger ones. 

I have to remember daily that, the Lord is watching "I know your deeds, your love and faith, your service and perseverance, and that you are now doing more than you did at first" (Revelation 2:19)

Most assuredly He will honor mine and my husband's persistent dedication to walking in the ways of Scripture.

Praying these words over my life, and your's tonight....

"May the Lord direct your hearts into God's love and Christ's perseverance" (2 Thessalonians 3:5)

No comments:

Post a Comment