Celebrating Biblical Womanhood.

Celebrating Biblical Womanhood.

Monday, June 13, 2011

All Pride Aside-If and Then





"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14

Do you feel as if your prayers, your repentance, your pleading doesn't reach the ears of our Father? If this is a feeling that is truth for you, you are not alone. I too, have, at times felt this very way. When we pray it should be a loving conversation, a yearning, a want to, to have that intimate time with God. Sometimes the conversation seems one sided, and my words never reach Him.
I find the above verse to be very interesting in so many ways. Lets explore what God says, in His word!
Our prayers so often are a laundry list of what needs to be done, our wants, our desires. We acknowledge we have done wrong, repenting of our evil ways. Are we doing this out of ritual? Do we REALLY want to relate with Jesus, to walk with Him, talk with Him, share our lives with Him......... A better question? Do we want to listen to what He has to say?
The words if and then in 2 Chronicles really have spoken to me involving this passage, and our lives in general. IF...We humble ourselves....seek His face....TURN FROM OUR WICKED WAYS...
Are we humble when we pray? Do our hearts long for a word from God? Do you find yourself asking for and repenting for the same things over and over and over? Have you turned from wickedness? This passage says If we do all of these things mentioned then I will hear from heaven, forgive and heal!!! Whew, That's GOOD stuff isn't it? The God of this universe, the very one who cared enough to die on a cruel cross, and rose again for YOU and for ME wants to also heal and forgive, dare I say on a daily basis? That is really hard to wrap my mind around most days. I am so so in love with this Savior; the King of Kings, and Lord of Lords! Don't you want to be healed? forgiven? listened to? Let us cast all of our pride aside, humble ourselves before the Holy God of heaven. Know that apart from Christ you are nothing. Without Him and the Love that He so graciously gives, all things are impossible! Right now stop.................................and go love on your Savior; Tell Him how much you love Him!
Without the IF there is no THEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment