Celebrating Biblical Womanhood.

Celebrating Biblical Womanhood.

Friday, June 3, 2011

Higher Standard





I have come to find, that as a wife (of the most amazing man on the planet, may I add;) it is not always easy to follow! Do some of you feel this way?

Sometimes it's easier to blurt out answers, be "snip snappy" and want to do it our way, or no way! Sometimes, when your husband disciplines do you want to interrupt? take over? or say things like "your doing this wrong" or "this is how you should do it." I can't be alone on all of this!!!!

The world has, for some time, been calling for feminism, undermining the love and respect we should be giving our husbands, and dare I say submitting to the leadership they provide as well. By the worlds standards we should be independent, and have an "I don't need a man" attitude. We should bull doze our way around, knocking everyone over, including our husbands, to get ahead, and have our way; God calls for a much higher standard to live by.What does the  bible say about this?

In James 1:19 it says we are to be slow to anger.  " My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." This seems to be a struggle for me most days. With my buoyant (a kind word for loud) personality it is hard to remember to listen before speaking, and that my opinion is not the only one that counts! Ask your husband for his opinion, and when he gives it, listen and heed his advice, or suggestions.

I was reminded recently by an altercation with one of my dear friends that love covers a multitude of sins; also, love keeps no record of wrongs. (I was not doing this well at all)
1 Peter 4:8 "Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.
1 Corinthians 13:5 [Love] "It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
We should love, as God commands, especially our husbands!

Fathers day is coming up soon. I am praying that respect, love, and biblical submission avail in my marriage, so that our children will see a model of what our Lord commands us to do as wives; so that one day, they too can look for and be the biblical example given in scripture.

3 comments:

  1. Well said. Giving honor to our husbands as the head is hard but so worthwhile! So glad I made the decision to follow God's way and not mine. Not that, as you say, I don't get out of focus sometimes! 35 years and counting!!! Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing. I am so encouraged by women who are focusing on family; choosing to biblically love their husbands! Not always an easy task, especially in a world that doesn't think so highly of that decision. Keep up the wonderful work. Many blessings.

    ReplyDelete