Celebrating Biblical Womanhood.

Celebrating Biblical Womanhood.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Well Rested




How was your week?  Were you involved in countless activities and programs centered around your children? Did you have any time alone with God? Were you up at dawn and down at midnight [or later]? Are you Tired?  If any of these things apply to you and your life then listen up!!!

I have some valuable tips for making your sabbath (Sunday or otherwise) a true day of rest.

I have the tendency to make our day of rest my "catch up day." Doing countless loads of laundry left from the weekend. Sweeping and mopping muddy floors tracked by little toddler toes; But, lately I have been evaluating what my day of rest should look like, and also what I can do to make resting easy for my family! Refocusing our minds, bodies, and hearts on our Lord!

Lay The Clothes Out- Some of you have already put this into practice in your own homes, I think it's fabulous! I always decide what everyone will wear, including socks, underwear, shoes, and any jewelry or hosiery I need to complete the outfit I choose for myself. The night before church we are all prepared!

Pack All The Bags- We have three children, so this means three different bags. Do you have extra clothes for the little ones? Are there snacks and sippy cups in each bag? Did you remember coloring pages and crayons for those coming into "big church?" This preparation makes for much smoother sailing come time for your church service.

Make Ahead - I love cooking, so I try to do that during the week, and save all my wonderful crock pot meals for Sundays. The night before, I try and prepare all that the dish requires, this includes making any sides or dessert too. Sometimes we go out to eat so all of this is void at that point, obviously ;)

Fine China- This is one of my favorite tips. PAPER EVERYTHING.  We use "regular" plates, cups, and silverware during the week, but we save the "fine china" for Sundays. We eat on paper plates, use plastic cups, forks, knives and spoons! This means no dishes after lunch. Love that!!!!

Be Intentional- Plan out your "rest." If this includes reading a good book, napping, or having some much needed alone time with you and our Heavenly Father, then plan all of this. Lay your book out near where you will curl up, brew some coffee and settle in. Make sure your bed is made so that when you kick off your heels you can climb onto nice, crisp sheets. If quiet time is what you need, have a note pad, and your bible handy, so that you will not have to search for it last minute.

We love spending time as a family on this day of rest too. After we all are well rested, we rejoin for a movie, or time outside.

Celebrate this day that our Lord has blessed us with. He knew that we would need this. Take your sabbath, and rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment