Celebrating Biblical Womanhood.

Celebrating Biblical Womanhood.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Humble Washing


Our VBS (Vacation Bible School) is under way and going so very well! I want to share a sweet sweet story with all of my readers!

Yesterday I taught on Love. One of the stories that was told was from a passage in Luke 7:36-38,44-48. This story is familiar to most. It speaks of a woman (Mary) who loved Jesus so much. She washed His feet with sweet smelling (very expensive) oils and perfumes. She showed so much humility and so much love. I have always enjoyed this story, simply because it challenges me to love deeply.

While in class, we (the co-teachers and I) set the stage to show so much love to these children (children who may not even know who Jesus is) We filled large bowls with soapy, warm water, and played soft music. As the music played each one of us bent down and began washing "feet" (hands for time sake) Praying aloud for each child. I made sure to tell each precious one how much Jesus loved them, and how much I love them too! By the third hand washing, I was weeping! This exercise was such a blessing to me, and I pray these children remember this, and know the love of Christ, and the love I and the other teachers have for them all!!! Many blessings to you all

No comments:

Post a Comment