Celebrating Biblical Womanhood.

Celebrating Biblical Womanhood.

Friday, May 6, 2011

A Homeschooling Journey

 In July, our family will begin our very first year of "structured" homeschooling.

We have been "homeschooling" from birth, simply because I believe homeschooling is more of a lifestyle, to be integrated in everyday; but, this year we will begin Kindergarten with our now four year old. We will also work on basic learning skills with our three year old, and one year old.

I have purchased our curriculum. We received the package just the other day, and I have to say, I am so so excited about this new, somewhat different journey.

There is just one little problem.

I am quite the particular type; organizing everything I see, wanting things to be "just so." We have a fifth bedroom, and we have been trying to remodel for some time now, mainly to convert this, use to be garage with no ventilation, not much insulation, and a wall left to be put up, into a lovely painted, decorated, warm, inviting place to learn and grow.

EEK!!!!!! none of this is done, and we are starting in July.

I am willing to use our dining room table for a few months, but, REALLY would like to get into this said room.

My mind is crazy with tons of ideas, but, I have somewhat of a blank canvas to work with.

I would love to see your homeschooling rooms/spaces. Send an email or post a comment with a link so we can all check out the great ideas given.

2 comments:

  1. This year, as we taught, We moved around, trying out different spaces, learning what works best for us. I know have a plan for our "classroom," and will be working on the playroom this summer. However, I am not locked into it. Remember this year to be flexible. Concentrate on learning you children's learning style and your teaching style. Start with a structured time, but move from there. It will be great! And you have friends to call when you need help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jasmine. Such great tips, and I will keep them in mind this summer, and also in this school year.

    ReplyDelete